Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Out With My Camera: Coorg (Day 2)

I know this is nearly two weeks overdue, but it's exam season and the stress has completely taken over my mind and every bit of spare time is spent on retail therapy.

Nearly two weeks ago, I went away to Coorg for the weekend and in the first part of this blog post (which you can read here!) I took you with me through the amazing mountain roads of the western ghats and to many tourists sites of Coorg.

On the second day, we were meant to return to Bangalore, but upon my insistence, we stopped at Kushalnagar on the way. A few kilometers from Kushalnagar is a place called Bylakuppe, which is a place that I always visit when I head towards Coorg. Years ago, Tibetan refugees settled on this piece of land, which was completely barren at the time. Over the years, they have turned it into a tiny piece of Tibet on Indian soil. They have managed to turn the barren lands into agricultural fields and have found a way to sustain themselves here. It may be quite surprising to know that most of the older generation of Tibetan settlers can only speak their mother tongue to this day and cannot speak the local language at all. However, they are still extremely friendly and helpful and all round peace loving people.


One of the main attractions here is the Golden Temple. I love visiting the temple as the architecture and the ambiance takes me to another world completely. I won't talk too much about it. Instead, I will let my pictures do the talking.











They were preparing for a special ceremony so we couldn't go all the way to the front of the hall that day. Most days, they do allow it. 

I also made a new friend while I was there.
I named him Fleabag as I wasn't feeling very original that day.

Outside the temple there is this huge shopping area/parking lot where I always buy myself a plate of momos as they are the best momos I have ever had! If you ever get a chance to visit, do try it. 

We didn't spend a lot of time here as we had to make another stop at my uncle's farm on the way home. We got there in time for the sunset, spent some time with family, and then finally made it home late at night. It was a great weekend out. One that was more than necessary before the exam fever kicked in. 

Sunset at the farm
I hope you liked reading this and/or looking through my pictures. Please leave me a comment as I'd love to hear from you! (You can also leave guest comments now!)

I'll be back with more posts once my exams are done! Until then, catch me on my social media corners.

8 comments:

  1. Love your pictures! The colours are so vibrant. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! All credit goes to the subject and not my not-so-amazing photography skills! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a stunning place!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win the rose gold GHD styler and hairdryer on my blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is stunning. And peaceful as well!
    Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful buildings! The colours are spectacular!

    http://blessedbymeow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Tibetian buildings aspecialare quite spectacular compared to others I've seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your pictures are amazing! - It looks like an amazing place. Good luck with your exams and everything in the mean time, oh and enjoy your birthday in a few days time :)


    Kristy | thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you times 3! Thanks for the really sweet comment. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete